MSN Hotmail, also termed as Hotmail, is the brainchild of Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith – the formal employees of Apple. Two individual spearheaded the very concept of hotmail which became one of the most popular and sought after mode of e-communication. On July 4, 1996 they jointly launched this email service which took its ultimate shape after two years of constant deliberation and hard work. Their venture was endorsed by Draper Fisher Ventures, investing $300,000 in this project.
Being a free email service, its popularity and functionalities became the major center of attraction and factor of its success. Hotmail proved to be a prominent turning point in the history of internet and e-communication.
Acquired by Microsoft
Hotmail gained popularity leaps and bounds on its being localized for different regional markets around the planet and soon became the world’s biggest web mail service, with about 30 million users by February, 1999. The hotmail was taken over by Microsoft at approximately $400 million in 1997 and subsequently released in 2007 under the brand name of “MSN Hotmail”.
· Currently hotmail is available in 36 languages, with almost 270 million members across the world.
· Today hotmail carries 5 GB of storage space that is expandable, state-of-art-security features, and other various useful functionalities.
· You can have multiple email accounts.
· Based on Ajax technology and integrated with Windows Live Messenger, hotmail also provide spaces for calendar and contacts.
· It supports all major internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla FireFox and Safari.
· You can easily navigate through the pages leveraging shortcuts through keyboard without using mouse.
· Feature like auto update of the contact address is used when composing mail, and there is contact grouping, importing and exporting of contact details in the shape of CSV files.
· Besides this rich text formatting, spam filtering and rich text signature, virus scanning, multiple addresses facility, and multiple languages options are other salient features of Hotmail.
· POP3 access has been incorporated as the latest feature for all Hotmail accounts. This has made simpler to receive e-mail into your Hotmail account shot from your other accounts. This facility supports all POP enabled services.
Hotmail email services are very important for the functioning of online businesses these days. Hotmail free email account will provide with all the below stated functionalities which are the major necessity and requirements of today’s e-commerce business.
· Storage Space: It comes with a storage capacity of 5GB which can further be customized and expanded suiting the need.
· Folders: You can organize all your emails in separate folders to manage them efficiently.
Must Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhroJBUxGM